Tekoäly ei ole tiedettä, vaan tekniikan alue.
Whenever you hear about a supposed success in AI, here’s a list of six questions you could ask:
1. Stripping away the rhetoric, what did the AI system actually do here?
2. How general is the result? (E.g., does an alleged reading task measure all aspects of reading, or just a tiny slice of it?)
3. Is there a demo where I can try out my own examples? (Be very skeptical if there isn’t.)
4. If the researchers (or their press people) allege that an AI system is better than humans, then which humans, and how much better?
5. How far does succeeding at the particular task reported in the new research actually take us toward building genuine AI?
6. How robust is the system? Could it work just as well with other data sets, without massive amounts of retraining?
MARCUS & DAVIS: REBOOTING AI